We appreciate your interest in joining our agency! Borden is incredibly proud of our professional team, built on shared values and a reputation for excellence. Our team members have an average of 25 years of insurance experience, and we invest in our employees’ continuing education and professional growth.
Please feel free to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop it off in person to our main office in downtown Corpus Christi.
Account Manager - Independent Insurance Agency
Title: Account Manager
Reports To: Department Lead
The Account Manager performs the essential functions of the position, which include aiding clients with service needs and making changes to existing accounts, as well as assisting producers with writing new business.
Specific service and marketing responsibilities are required in this position. The Account Manager meets service standards and performs essential functions to support the service quality standards of the agency.
Full Time. Salary is negotiable based upon experience and performance. Employee Benefits, including health, dental, vision insurance, 401(k), & PTO.
Required Credentials, Education, & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) Required
- Bachelor's Degree or three years insurance industry experience required.
- Texas General Lines Property & Casualty Insurance License required
- Applied TAM experience preferred
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Commercial Insurance Knowledge – Understanding of basic insurance principles, including coverages and standards typical for insuring small to mid-sized businesses.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Technical -
- Insurance rating software
- Underwriting software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Adobe Acrobat
- Electronic Signature Software
- Assists with gathering data to build account file using available resources.
- Completes applications, loss summaries and applicable spreadsheets as needed.
- Assembles submission(s) for marketing purposes.
- Submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers and or brokers and obtains quotations via company websites. Prepares invoices and all appropriate forms for signature. Follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations, binders and policies.
- Prepares proposals as needed.
- Binds coverage as per agency standards.
- Handles client’s needs by producing binders, certificates, auto ID cards, sending policies, endorsements, invoices and other related items; verifies their accuracy.
- Maintains and updates agency database and document management system as per agency standards.
- Complies with all agency E&O prevention procedures.
- Follows all agency workflows, procedures and Standards.
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Processes incoming mail, email requests and phone calls, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Verifies accuracy of all direct billed cancellations and takes appropriate corrective action when needed.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations & acts to retain accounts when possible.
- Assists or completes other tasks as directed by agency management.
- Maintains General Lines Property & Casualty license as required by the Texas Department of Insurance.
- Obtains continuing education hours as required by the Texas Department of Insurance.
- Maintains knowledge of how to operate miscellaneous office equipment (scanners, copiers, color copiers/printers, proposal binding machine, office computers, etc.).
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintains a professional and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, brokers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve performance.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
“I like the feeling of being a team and a family.”
“Borden is so special. My co-workers are extremely knowledgeable, well rounded, down to earth individuals who treat each other with respect, and care so much for their clients and their needs.”
“Everyone is so friendly!”
“I really appreciate our leadership, my co-workers, and Borden’s reputation.”
“Working at Borden has been one of the greatest opportunities of my life. The education and experience I have gained here are priceless.”
“The atmosphere is loving and welcoming.”
“Borden has let me go to classes and visit carriers to keep up with what is going on in the industry that is good for our insureds and good for the agency.”
“My co-workers are smart and funny and always quick to help and answer questions.”
“I absolutely love the spirit and enthusiasm of the people at Borden Insurance.”
“The knowledge and experience of our staff is invaluable and helps me learn something new every day.”
“We are like family, we are treated with respect, and are expected to treat each other the same. We take pride in our work and being ethical, truthful, and knowledgeable, and in going above our clients’ expectations.”
“My teammates are spectacular. They are all incredibly fun, experienced, credentialed, knowledgeable people who are passionate about helping their customers.”
“I enjoy working at Borden because we continually demand excellence while still allowing a fun, healthy, and positive work environment.”